mardi 4 mars 2014

2nd knitting project : finished!

Hey folks, I made a beret!
This is my attempt at wearing it 30s/40s style, but my bathroom and its horrible neon light is not the best setting for it. Oh well.
Phone pic again - but even my phone takes better pictures than my poor old little camera. One day I'll have to upgrade to a proper camera and really learn how to use it...wish I had the money and time to do so!

Here's how it looks from above...

And here's a close-up on the cables...
I had cast it on sunday before last, and after a few false starts, the whole thing really went smoothly apart from a little moment of panick. I finished it last saturday evening (yay for being able to take your knitting with you on the train!) and could wear it on monday morning! Now that's what I call an (almost) instant gratification project!

3 commentaires:

  1. Oh j'aimebeaucoup!! Beau travail! :) je suis justemnt en train de m'en faire un aussi, mais en couture, je n'y connais rien en tricot haha! "A la" Bonnie and Clyde :D

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Merci à vous 2! Jusqu'à il n'y a pas longtemps je n'y connaissais rien en tricot non plus (apprendre à tricoter était une de mes "résolutions" pour 2014) et en fait (bon d'accord, après 4 faux départs tout de même...) ce petit béret était beaucoup plus simple à tricoter qu'il n'y paraissait...et l'énorme avantage du tricot par rapport à la couture, c'est qu'on peut recommencer un projet quasiment autant de fois qu'on veut sans gaspiller la matière première!

      Supprimer